Saturday, February 26, 2011

" I don't want to sell chips"

“I don’t want to sell chips.” This was one of Gail Chandler’s key messages during our class on Wednesday. She revealed to the class that she didn’t want to just “sell chips,” she wanted to make a difference. I can relate to Gail Chandler because I too want to make a difference. I want to change and touch the lives of many and I don’t want to just “sell chips”.


I feel when I say I’m going into the world of PR many look down upon me because they think I’m going to promote something I don’t believe in just to make a nice chunk of change. But in reality I’m don't want to be in this business to sell frivolous products that have the shelf life of a goldfish. I want to use my skills to do something more. I want to achieve more than launching the newest product; I want to make a difference in peoples lives.


Throughout Gail’s speech I felt a sense of comfort because she told our class that we will all have different paths. This relieved me because I don’t know what path I’m going to take or what is going to lead me to the career of my dreams but I know that it will all work out organically and come together in the end.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry. Most people don't know their path, even if they think they do.

    ReplyDelete